Cedar Chests - A Fusion Of Beauty And Storage Functionality
Beauty and functionality should not be considered as two concepts that cannot go hand in hand. It is the general misconception that items that are beautiful or elegant looking usually fall short in the area of performance and functionality. Please keep in mind that this is just a case of generalization. Indeed, both beauty and functionality can go together in solid fusion, a higher level is achieved. There are a lot of examples that can be presented regarding this but we will be focusing on a specific item: cedar chests. We will look at how both beauty and storage functionality can be combined to form something that can be considered as a work of art that is practical yet possesses aesthetic values. Cedar's natural characteristics
1. Wood Care Wood is considered to be a very attractive material used for the construction of storage systems, but it also has its drawbacks. Some types of wood are prone to rotting while there are some like cedar wood which have natural resins that make it rot resistant. To make cedar last longer, it should be maintained by applying a preservative every other year or so to preserve its natural beauty and protect it from the harmful effects from exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays. Cedar's natural oils also prevents insects from going into your clothes. But in time, the pores in the wood become clogged which prevents the oils from getting out. To resolve this, get cedar oil extracts from the nearest furniture shop or sand the wood's grain.
2. For The Office Or Bedroom Cedar chest designs allow it to be very versatile which makes it a very useful and interesting piece. It can be placed in the office to serve as data storage or file organizer. At the same time it can be used as a side table just by simply placing a few decorative items on its top. Its interior space can be configured to serve a variety of purposes that you may require. It is equally at home in the bedroom wherein it can be used for storing clothes, mementos, and other significant items. It also adds a rustic flavor to your bedroom setting.
3. Wheeled Trunks Another option for your storage requirements would be cedar chests that have wheels. This will prove to be very useful especially for people that are always moving from one place or another and individuals that like to arrange their house's interior. These are great for storing blankets, sweaters, and toys among others as well as a furniture piece. There are also cedar chests that come in cube designs which are great for maximizing space especially for small areas. It is also used as an end table.
4. Outdoors Or Indoors - Cedar chests can be utilized in both outdoor and indoor settings - Storage chests for indoor use are designed with both elegance and functionality in mind - Perfect for increasing storage space in any room - Can be used as a bench, hope chest, blanket box, or coffee table - Designed to be water tight - Durable hinges - Last for a long time despite exposure to different kinds of weather - Garden tools, poolside toys, muddy shoes, etc. can be stored
5. Things To Consider: The price and quality of the chest are important factors to consider when buying. The cost of a product is directly related to the level of quality. Higher priced products have better quality while cheaper ones are not as good. You should be able to balance this two factors. The design of the chest is also critical. Match the chest's design with your house's theme. For rustic designed houses, choose a chest that has a rather raw and rough design and if your house has a more formal design choose a chest that carries the same theme. Why get another kind of storage system when you can obtain something that not only stores your goods but also cares for it? As mentioned earlier, cedar has natural properties that protects valuable items and clothing from insect damage. Wood is versatile and can be customized depending on your needs. It can also serve as a furniture as well as storage at the same time. If you had your misgivings about buying wooden storage, then now is the time to get rid of it.